Thursday, March 18, 2010

St.Patty's Day is Pure Magic!


I LOVe love lOVE St.Pat's day! It is my favorite holiday & for Good Reason! I love corned beef & that you can eat it a gazillion different ways, I love that it's a holiday where being a Saint is the cool thing, I love the little Irish girls with super curly hair who dance & wear those adorable frilly skirt outfits, I love that any nationality can celebrate it but also that the white house dyes the fountain green - so really i'm being patriotic when i celebrate SP, I love that for one day a year leprachauns are Jolly instead of creepy (Muahaha), I love that once a year the Chicago River doesn't look gross - just Very Green!, I love that it's another excuse to put puppies in really cute costumes, I Love how creative people are with St.Pat costumes & parade floats, I love that you can wear everything you own that is green and call it a costume b/c it's SP day, I love parades!, I love SP b/c rainbows bring joy & are a reminder of springtime & leprachauns = SP time!, I love that it's one of the very few / the Only holiday old men feel fine dressing up for / getting in the mood to celebrate, I love that all year you store your decorations & then you get to put it out for 1 day & it's magical, b/c all the cartoons and childrens books are so out of the box - so original, I love that SP cards really never make any sense but are so fun, I love that it's so easy to celebrate it - you just make anything green or put dye in anything & Vola! Happy SP day!, I love that SP provides a great excuse to eat meat & cheese, I love that no matter what at least you have 1 lucky day every year, I love that my husband knows how much i love this holiday so he'll dress up like a leprachaun to make me happy, I love that 1 day a year you can ensure that you won't get pinched Simply by wearing something green, I love bagpipes, I love dancing, I love men in skirts and that then they know what it's like to get a stiff breeze up your hind end, I love celtic music, I love that SP is a completely peaceful day! ...... i could go on but i think you get it :)

2010 was definitely magical :) i took off work to prepare for the party - Grant & I decorated our little hearts out & i cooked my butt off - We had Corned beef & Rye Bread Cabbage wraps, Corned Beef Hash & Cabbage Pizza, Corned Beef Hash & Cabbage (traditional), Honey'd Boiled Cabbage, Irish Lamb Stew, Avacodo Hummus & Rye bread, Dill Pickles, & Aged Irish Cheddar&Sweet Carrot Green Salad.. and for Desert Jordoor brought us Mint Choco Chip Ice Cream!

We visited, ate, searched for the Pot of Gold that was hidden in our house by Grantypoo - Jessi found it & won a box of lucky charms & a pair of lime green socks like grant & i have (see pic above), then we watched Planet 51 (with the green aliens) while we ate green ice cream. Everyone had a lovely time & Will even came by all decked out in his cop gear :)
What a lovey night!
Hope Everyone else had a Magical holiday!
"St.Patrick's Day is an enchanted time - a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic." ~ Adrienne Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment